Gmail or Google Mail is one of the largest and most dynamic email services. It was created by the company Google, Inc. On April 15, 2004. By June 2012, Gmail exceeded 425 million users, and by 2014 it exceeded one billion downloads on mobile devices.
Gmail is currently the largest and best email platform available. There are many other webmail, but none has as much feature and not as large a storage capacity as Gmail allows since it has 15GB of space for you to use as you want, a lot more space than any other platform along with the intuitive features.
With the growth of the internet and a great opportunity in hand, Google managers ended up opening the possibility for anyone to sign up for Gmail, without having to be invited to do so.
Thus, this network has expanded and today it is already the largest server on the internet, with many useful tools and direct integration with social networks such as Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Here in this detailed guide, you will learn how to access Gmail through the official website (it doesn’t take even five minutes to read), the fastest ways to check your emails, how to see unread emails first and you will learn some excellent settings and services to optimize your gmail usage. How to signup effectively and how to do secure gmail login. Don’t miss out!
GMAIL SIGNUP FOR DUMMIES
Now in order to gain advantage with all the top-notch features of gmail, you are first required to create a free email with this webmail service. Below we would explain each step on how to create an account with gmail:
- Go to the Gmail homepage – ⦁ www.gmail.com , https://accounts.google.com/signup
- You will have to click on the “Create an Account” box/link.
- Fill in all the data on the Registration form. First you will be ask to enter your First name and Last name.
- Afterwards, you will choose your username (which will be your gmail account – email protected gmail.com) and a password.
Note: As the virtual attacks are more and more constant, it is necessary to create a strong password, for your Gmail account, thus, you make any attempt of invasion difficult and keep your data protected. To do this, create a password that has uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, so you will make it difficult for anyone to access your account without your authorization. Do not use as a password, birthday, family name, phone number or any other obvious information, as this will facilitate a possible intrusion.
- Google confirmation: Possibly Google will ask for a confirmation, which should happen either by cell phone (via SMS or call) or by calling a fixed number.
- You will need to make a note of the number passed by Google to insert it in a given field. Attention: Often, this step will not be necessary.
- Account created successfully: After following all the previous steps, you were able to finalize the registration of your email account in Gmail, congratulations!
GMAIL SIGN IN OR LOGIN FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
Now as you have successfully created the gmail account by performing signup operation, its time to login to gmail using your PC or Web browser:
- The first step is visit ⦁ www.gmail.com or http://mail.google.com/ in your web browser.
- Here you can find a text field, enter your email or phone number that is already registered with Gmail
- if you forget your email, you can click on “find your e -mail” and ask for your email or recovery number.
- Click the Next button, it navigates to the password page. You need to enter your password and click Next. (if you don’t remember your password, click on “Forgot password” and follow the screen).
It directs you to your inbox, you can now use all the features of Gmail.
HOW TO USE AND LOGIN GMAIL ON MOBILE
We have already taught you how to create your account and log in through GMAIL, but it was through your computer.
Since many people currently use cell phones more than computers, we will also teach you how to access your GMAIL email via your mobile device!
- Now, to login and use your GMAIL on your cell phone, you need to download and install the app.
- The name of the application is simply ‘Gmail‘, both in PlayStore and iTunes, If you want to download the application on your computer and put it on your phone, the official links for the Gmail application are: Android Apple
- Once you have downloaded the application, you need to install it. This step is very simple and just follow the instructions on the screen. At the end of the download and installation, you will be offered the option to open GMAIL, to login.
- An option will also appear, an icon of the GMAIL application on your phone’s home screen.
- Now that you have downloaded, installed and opened the GMAIL application on your mobile device, whether Android or Apple, just open it.
- When you open the GMAIL application, a screen will appear for you to login, providing your email and password.
- Just do this once by entering your email or username details along with the password, and your data will be stored on your phone.
Ready! Now that you have logged in to GMAIL through the application, you can send and receive e-mails by cell phone, from anywhere (with internet, of course).
GMAIL MOBILE BENEFITS
- You can manage multiple accounts in the same APP;
- View, save and send attachments;
- Bookmark notifications settings;
- Send and receive text messages;
- Immediate synchronization, as soon as you received the email;
- Notification when you receive a new email.
LOGIN GMAIL VIA POP SERVER
GMAIL webmail – allows you to manage more than 1 email account, downloading and sending emails from other email servers, functioning as an Outlook, Thunderbird or some other similar email program.
- Adding the account for receiving e-mails via POP. After logging in to your Gmail, select the setting gear that is just below your profile picture and choose the “Settings” option.
- In the settings panel choose the ” Accounts and Import ” tab and then “Import messages and contacts” .
- Now we are going to add the email we want to configure and click on “continue”.
- In this step we will configure the access data and the POP server. 1 – Password for your e-mail: In this field you must enter the password for your e-mail. If not, check out how to reset his password at this link. 2 – POP Username: Fill in with your email. 3 – POP Server: Fill in your domain’s email server data. It is usually mail.yourdomain.com or the server’s IP.
- After clicking continue, the screen below will appear with options for importing your email messages into your Gmail account. If you want to identify which messages are from this email account, you can select the option ” Add label to all imported messages: [email protected] “. Selecting this option, the “ [email protected].” will be added to all messages received from your email.
RECOVER GMAIL PASSWORD
- If you have forgotten your Gmail password, the first step to recover it is to access the Gmail website and click on “Find my account“.
- Then, on a second screen, just select the item “I don’t know my password”. The system will ask you to fill in your email address, do this and then proceed to the next step.
- You will be asked to enter your old password, so that Gmail will inform you of the new one, if you don’t remember, another security option to recover your password is to select the button, I don’t know”, and fill in the indicated field with your phone number. Thus, you will receive an SMS on your cell phone, to be put on the next screen and with that, the option to create a new password will be released.
- In this last screen for password recovery, you must enter your new code twice in the fields requested and then click on “Reset password” to finish the process.
After that, you will be able to access your Gmail, with the creation of your new password, an important tip, write down that password somewhere, so that you do not forget it and need to repeat this process of obtaining a password several times.
LOGIN GMAIL USING ALTERNATE CODES
Google offers some security measures for its users if their access credentials are stolen. The best known and most effective of these is two-step authentication, however, there is a way for the user to access their Google account even without having access to the verification code sent to their registered device. This problem occurs when the user loses his smartphone or other device that serves as an agent to confirm his identity, making access difficult.
This alternative method to recover the account takes place through codes generated on the configuration page. To set them up, follow the step by step below.
- Go to the Google authentication page https://www.google.com/landing/2step/, login with your password. You will find the two-step settings section. Locate the “Alternative codes” option and click on “Configuration” below.
- Google will then display a list of various codes that can be used for the user to log in, when necessary. It is recommended that you print them out or write down the codes / passwords and keep a version of that copy kept with important documents for use in an emergency. Each of these codes can be used only once, which means that you will have a limited number of extra accesses.
- When logging in to Google, enter your username and password as normal. Then, on the next screen, you must enter one of the emergency codes that were generated in the settings.
Ready! You will have access to your account again and if you have changed your phone number, reconfigure authentication in two steps.
Even after you have created your Gmail account and have a strong password, it is still necessary to take other precautions to avoid being hacked and having your account hacked, check below for some useful tips in this regard.
- Never save your password on public computers: Sometimes, due to carelessness, you can click on the save password button, when you are on the company’s computer or in a lan-house, this is extremely dangerous, so be careful not to commit that kind of error.
- It always leaves your account: So that other people do not have access to your Gmail, there is no point in just closing the tab of your browser, it is necessary to click on the disconnect my account icon, thus, you will not leave your email open, so that other users can access your information.
- Be careful with unknown downloads: There are many infected files that we receive via email, which end up sucking your personal information. Therefore, always be aware of what type of download you are performing, so as not to download any viruses to your computer and, with that, allow access to your Gmail.
GMAIL BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Exact search: You know that e-mail that you cannot find at all, that you have already searched in all folders and did not find.
So, using Gmail Login’s smart search, you probably wouldn’t have all that work, just put a keyword in the email and the system itself would search for you, even if that word is in the middle of the text, that is, you don’t need to remember the title of that email or who sent it.
- Organization: In order for your email folder not to be a mess, Gmail itself organizes your folders, so that you have no trouble finding the necessary files.
- Gmail anywhere: With help from Google, you can now open your email from anywhere, just set up your account on your phone or tablet to always be connected, but the front of the text will explain how to do this.
- Instant chat: Sometimes you need to send an urgent message and you don’t want to write an email for it. So you can use the chat service to write a message or even start a video conversation and save your time.
- Greater space: As has already been reported, Gmail has a capacity to store much greater than its competitors, making it a differentiator because of that.
- Google Docs: One of the main Google tools, allows you to create spreadsheets, documents, folders, and share online, so, for example, when creating a report, everyone at the firm can work at the same time, creating a lot more work dynamic.
- Protection: We know that hacker attacks and theft of information online is increasingly common, so Gmail has its own security platform, so you don’t run the risk of having any documents or personal data stolen. This HTTPS encryption system is the same that banks use, so it is quite reliable.
- Priorities: As great as Gmail’s AntiSpam system is great, we still receive dozens of messages a day in our email and are often lost amid so much information. Thus, separating by priority those contacts that you know must respond quickly, such as an email from your boss or partner, ends up being very useful. So, the moment an email arrives, it will stand out among others, making you read it.
- Blocking messages with viruses or advertising: Gmail’s AntiSpam is very good and works correctly so that your mailbox is not filled with malicious advertisements and E-mail, which can harm your computer.
- Easy to use: It is useless for a program or platform to be complete if the user does not know how to use all its features. For this reason, Gmail has a very simple layout and very basic functions, so that anyone, even those who do not have as much contact with the internet, can use it.
- Free: Even with all these features mentioned, Gmail does not charge anything to people who use it, which ends up being a great advantage of this tool.
As you can see, using this email platform is not that complicated. It can be a bit confusing at first, especially if you come from using Hotmail, but you will quickly become familiar with it after reviewing our easy-to-follow signup and sign-in guide for Gmail along with focusing on the benefits and security perspective of utilizing securely the allocated mailing services. Its security protocols defend us from spam or malicious emails and also it is connected to hangouts the instant messaging service. Gmail has different algorithms that protect users from viruses, malware, spyware, and spam (junk mail). Gmail’s composing interface is fast, convenient, easy to use, and feature-rich.